Thursday, May 23, 2019

Train Your Dragon

Train Your Dragon
Beautiful Daenerys Targaryen tube by Trinita! Just love the detail; she captured Dany perfectly. I paired it with a scrap kit I received as a mother's day gift from Gothic Inspirations, "The Autumn Soul".  I followed a background tutorial by Vivienne's Paintbox as I wanted to learn how to mirror an image within a frame. Once again, I am still learning! Love how this all came together!

I have basically gotten over my Game of Thrones hissy fit. Having read and watched so many reviews, I have to give the producers credit for at least some closure.  I am hoping the books will fill in the missing details from seasons 7 and 8. According to George RR Martin's blog, it appears he is trying to finish "The Winds of Winter" before World Science Fiction Con 2020 in New Zealand.  Here is the excerpt:

As for finishing my book… I fear that New Zealand would distract me entirely too much.   Best leave me here in Westeros for the nonce.   But I tell you this — if I don’t have THE WINDS OF WINTER in hand when I arrive in New Zealand for worldcon, you have here my formal written permission to imprison me in a small cabin on White Island, overlooking that lake of sulfuric acid, until I’m done.   Just so long as the acrid fumes do not screw up my old DOS word processor, I’ll be fine.

I am on my way to Phoenix tomorrow for two days at Phoenix Fan Fusion. So excited to get away and looking forward to checking out all the wonderful fantasy authors and take a peek at a few celebrities who will be attending.  I originally signed up to go when "The Kingslayer" from Game of Thrones was scheduled to appear.  Unfortunately, he cancelled.  😞  However, there are still plenty of other celebrities attending the show!  I am an old Star Trek fan and three original cast members will be in attendance. Check out all the guests here.

When I get back on Sunday it will be time to celebrate the Memorial holiday. Didn't this holiday sneak up on us quickly? Wasn't it just Easter?  Hopefully, we will be able to enjoy some sunny weather without the damn chilly wind. Have no idea why the weather turned weird at this time of the year in Arizona. Usually, we are roasting by the pool and the idea of a cookout with cold beer sounds great. Hmmm....how about we substitute wine for the cold beer?

Cheers! 🍷

Credits:
Tube: Beastmaster by ©Trinita
Scrap Kit: The Autumn Soul Addition by Gothic Inspirations
Mask: 20-20