Pages

Friday, May 15, 2020

How Was Your Year?



I must admit. This has been a "shitty" year so far. I wish it was over already. Two bouts of a mysterious flu or bronchitis, this fighting for toilet paper and food, now its a meat shortage. Nothing open for over a month...then all these protests about wearing face masks and social distancing. The world is being torn apart and I am totally fed up. What is wrong with people today? 

The last two days have been especially exhausting....first visiting the doctor on Wednesday. I have been experiencing some shortness of breath when I go walking.  It hampers my pushing to get to the 1.25 mile. I start off fine and wind up gasping for air in a short 20 minute stretch.  In addition, I often have chest tightness and the rescue inhaler wasn't doing a 100% job in alleviating the issue.  A doctor visit was in order.  My doctor gave me the bad news that my blood pressure is up, weight is up and after listening to my lungs, said she heard fluid. She thinks I may have gotten long term issues after the two bouts of flu? or bronchitis?...not sure what it was...and sent me to NWMC for a lung x-ray and lab tests. She also loaded me up with antibiotics, cough suppressants and steroids.  Ugh..not a fan of the steroids.  As to doctor orders, she wants me to stay home as much as possible as I am immune compromised. Go out only for essentials or arrange for them to be delivered. 😔 Anyway, that took up most of Wednesday morning.

My Wednesday afternoon appointment was at the car dealer for my car's 6 month checkup. My car and I have checkup's at the same time. Imagine my surprise when I dropped it off and was told it would not be ready until Friday! Normally, its done within an hour. Gah!! Another recall that would require extensive testing of the transmission and power train. Good news? They extended the warranty and provided me with a free loaner to get home in.  

By the time I left Tucson I had a raging headache! So off to bed I went and I only took the antibiotic she prescribed, the rest I left to take first thing in the morning.  

Thursday it was hubby's turn to go to the dentist.  It was a nice drive, except the steroids played on me, making me a bit hyper and anxious. We got take out at Firebird's and went home.  I was again exhausted. This is not like me at all. While I can blame the steroids for the hypersensitivity, the exhaustion is purely on me. Again, I went to lay down after arriving home.

On to Friday...as usual hubby takes his time getting out of the house so we left late.🙄 We had to drop off the loaner car and pick up my own. I got so anxious with his driving and asking twenty million times how to get to the Service Center that after getting gas, I took over driving.  It was a much quieter ride after that. The car is fine, some updates to the computer and they also performed the oil, lube, filter and rotation of tires. I really love their service center...with the extension of my warranty, no charges and a free car wash to boot! 

To be honest, after experiencing the real world these last two days I don't want to go out. Aside from healthcare workers and the people who serviced my car...no one was wearing masks or practicing social distancing. It's as if the virus has left Tucson and everyone is out and about. Traffic is horrible!! There are still quite a few snowbirds in town...so many out of state plates I kept thinking its October!

Aside from another lab test on the 20th and picking up my puppy on the 30th, I will be staying home, praying for everyone who has to venture out in this scary world. 

Oh, hubby restocked my wine rack...so...cheers! 🍷