Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Winter Blues



It has been a long and tiring weekend, more stress to deal with and hubby sick with bronchitis. He is on the mend, but spends quite a long time sleeping while on the medications. He calls this "his sabbatical from hell". Thank God we did not make travel plans to Scottsdale like hubby was thinking about doing in early November. Originally back in May, the family was going to Las Vegas on his sabbatical..ha! In a way this worked out, just have to look on the bright side. He would have missed quite a bit of work with this illness.

Stressing since I never got paid for jury duty...which they told me would be mailed. I can't seem to get anyone to tell me how long that is supposed to take...and of course, I never was released from jury duty, so I am sure I will be called again. Ugh! The long delay in this payment is bothering me because I need to file taxes...just hope it gets here before April 15th.

Secondly, my husband wanted to start filing for social security in 2020 and so in December he asked me to go online and check the appropriate boxes. Well fine, but apparently a cell number is not listed so a letter has been sent with a code to access his online profile. Ummm..ok, but this was done December 20th and was supposed to take 5 to 10 business days. It's almost been a month and still no letter of verification. Feel like my hands are tied with this one, but it bothers me as well. I feel its my fault the account got locked. Everyday I wait to see if the SSA letter has arrived and stress more when it doesn't.

To add one more thing to this festival mood, the other tire on the old car blew. Now I have to get another tire mounted and find a way to get it on that car. When it rains, it pours in the house. This one really took me over the top in anxiety. I really hate that we live in a town without any car repair shops. I am hoping to get this resolved some time this week...after all, have to do some grocery shopping too. Don't get me started on the lack of a grocery store out here in the desert wastelands. It's my favorite rant!😡

I don't know what has happened to me, but ever since I lost Hannah, every "little thing" that goes wrong bothers me to the point of feeling ill. I stress "little thing" because they are small annoyances that just seem to build up in my mind. Sometimes I think I am still grieving and at other times just the holiday blues. I have a good support system in my family, but for some reason I still feel everything falls on my shoulders.

I should let it all go, but I can't...that's a whole other problem.

Current Mood:  😩